PoP Postcard Specifications
We’ve created this page to help you fully understand the PoP Postcard specs required for setting up and exporting your designs. We’ve also created some templates for you to download and use to avoid any issues when setting up your document. Our postcards are printed on a variety of stocks and printed with a templated back.
- For our postcards, you must upload a 2 page .pdf.
- The maximum amount of pages is 2 (front and back).
- Your page dimensions must be 148mm (w) x 105mm (h)
Margins & Bleed
- Please add 3mm bleed to your document
- We recommend leaving a 10mm margin for any critical content if you aren’t looking to print off the edge of the pages
- If your images are intended to go off the page and you don’t include 3mm bleed you may end up with an inconsistent white margin when the document has been trimmed.
- 300dpi recommended, however, anything above 150dpi should be safe to print
- CMYK or greyscale provides the best results
- No spot colours
- Black and white photos and artwork can be set to print CMYK or greyscale
- All blacks are printed in CMYK so blacks can be set to print either 100%K or rich black
- Colour profiles – you can use any generic CMYK colour profile.
- Please rasterise gradients as sometimes they can print differently to when they were viewed on screen.
*Remember that colours won’t look as bright and vibrant as they do on screen as stocks vary in brightness.
- We recommend using a point size of 8pt or above, however, some fonts may print well at smaller sizes.
- Please make sure fonts are embedded when exporting your pdf.
We’ve created these templates for you to download, use the In Design template if you are using In Design CC or above. If you are using different software to create your .pdf you can copy the specs from the visual pdf template download.
PDF Export Settings
Where possible, use the PDF/X-1a:2001 preset
This creates the simplest kind of PDF, and takes care of almost everything that could cause issues at the press.
Export your file as single pages
Your PDF should include a front page and a back page. Make sure the pages in your file are single pages, not spreads (two pages joined together).
Ensure you export your PDF with 3mm bleed and crop marks
For our PoP Postcards we require 3mm bleed and crop marks when exporting your .pdf. You will receive error messages when uploading your file if these haven’t been included in your export.